Lost & Found Animals
When an animal is lost or found, please call the RCHS at (707) 884-1304.
Click here to see the lost or found animals that have been reported to RCHS.
Start searching immediately
- Get the word out. As soon as you are aware that your pet is missing, call the Redwood Coast Humane Society and county Animal Control to report your lost pet. Tell friends, neighbors, local kids, etc.
- Canvas your neighborhood during the day and at night. Look in garages, yards, basements, closets, under cars, in shrubbery, and at your neighbor's homes as well as your own.
- Call and whistle to your pet. She may be injured, frightened, trapped or unable to come to you. Hearing your voice may encourage your pet to answer you. Remain in one place long enough for your pet to find you after you call. The best time to call for your pet is at night, and at dawn when its quiet outside and your pet may feel safer to come out of hiding.
- Post Lost Pet Flyers on Bulletin Boards in stores, churches, libraries, at the Sundstom Mall Humane Society Kiosk and around your neighborhood. Include the pet's name, description, a photograph, your name and phone number.
- Call your local radio stations KTDE: 707-884-1000 or KZYX: 707-895-2448
- Call your local vet office -Gualala Veterinary- 707-884-3313
- Call animal related businesses such as ARFF (707-884-1832) & Bed & Bone (707-882-2429), Outback Garden & Feed (707-882-3335)
If you Find an Animal:
- Get the word out
- Post Lost Pet Flyers on Bulletin Boards in stores, churches, libraries, at the Sundstrom Mall Humane Society Kiosk and around your neighborhood. Include the pet's name, description, a photograph, your name and phone number.
- Call your local radio stations (KTDE: 707-884-1000 or KZYX: 707-895-2448)
- Call your local vet office - Gualala Veterinary- 884-3313
- Call ARFF 707-884-1832
- Call Bed & Bone 707-882-2429
- Outback Garden & Feed (707-882-3335)
- Call the Redwood Coast Humane Society- 707-884-1304
Give the following information:
- Type of animal, description, sex, unusual characteristics, any collar/ID, general condition
- Date and time of day animal was found
- Location as precise as possible where animal was found
- Circumstances under which the animal was found, wandering in, running loose, for how long
- Name and phone number of the person who found pet